Jason Henderson's FB Feed

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Samson Versus the Vampire Women: Voice of the Undead Countdown Minus 51

With Alex Van Helsing: Voice of the Undead coming out on July 26, I'm counting down 60 cool vampire things. Today: Samson Versus the Vampire Women

This is wonderful-- a ten-minute montage of the best gags from the MST3K version of Samson Versus the Vampire Women.

For the uninitiated:
  • Samson was the American name for El Santo, the Mexican Superhero/Wrestler of comics, books and movies
  • Samson Versus the Vampire Women is a movie I have in both English and Spanish-- I still have a fondness for the awful American dubs of these movies, which were all produced by American shlockmeister K. Gordon Murray. These Murray dubs used to show up a lot on basic cable midnight movie shows. Hey, I feel a debt towards Murray-- without him I never would have discovered foreign horror in the first place.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment