Jason Henderson's FB Feed

Monday, June 13, 2011

Casting the Alex Van Helsing Movie: Voice of the Undead Countdown Minus 42

With Alex Van Helsing: Voice of the Undead coming out on July 26, I'm counting down 60 cool vampire things. Today:
Casting the Alex Van Helsing Movie
No, there isn't an actual movie. (Not that I know of.) But the cool folks over at the blog My Book, the Movie asked me to do a post on how I'd cast an Alex Van Helsing film if given a shot. It's a fun question because in real life I have a suspicion that the author is the last person anyone asks.

Sangster? That’s easy. Mr. Sangster, Alex’s insanely fit, machine-gun-wielding, enigmatic literature teacher, is patterned after Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible 2. In fact, the first time we learn Sangster’s secret, it’s in a scene where Sangster rides the Triumph that Cruise rode in MI:2. So, over a decade after MI:2, Cruise is still your go-to guy for Mr. Sangster.

Check out the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment