Jason Henderson's FB Feed

Friday, June 3, 2011

Johnny Depp Revives Dark Shadows: Voice of the Undead Countdown Minus 52

With Alex Van Helsing: Voice of the Undead coming out on July 26, I'm counting down 60 cool vampire things. Today:

Johnny Depp in Dark Shadows. I've written before how much I've recently come to love Dark Shadows:
Dark Shadows concerns a lot of things, because it's a soap opera, but chiefly it concerns vampire Barnabas Collins, who has returned to the stately Collinwood in coastal Maine, where he plots to find his lost love and control the people around him. On Netflix streaming, you can literally watch this series the way it was first intended, one episode after the other. Of course that would take years.


In the early 70s Dan Curtis produced two movies in the universe of Dark Shadows and I recommend both of them. But now we're starting to get more details about an event that has Dark Shadows fans in a tizzy-- Tim Burton directing a new Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp as Barnabas. "What I’d like to do," says Depp,"is maybe stretch [Barnabas] out a bit — in the extreme. Just ever-so-slightly take him a little further, beyond what may be considered… corny.”



I'm not sure what that means. But I know this will be good. And if it's not you've got years and years of the original to watch.

Check out the article at EW.

No comments:

Post a Comment