Jason Henderson's FB Feed

Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Interview at "From the Shadows"

I literally never get tired of answering questions about writing, so thank God someone is out there to ask. I just did an interview with the guys at From the Shadows and really enjoyed the questions. Some samples:
EJ: When did you begin writing?

Jason: I'm pretty sure this will be most author's answer, but very early. I remember starting to write short stories that were based on movies I'd seen-- like I wrote a story that was a sequel to War of the Gargantua, a Japanese movie about two giant, furry monsters. The first story I submitted was to Twilight Zone Magazine in about 1982 when I was 10, and it was about a robot who had been responsible for the sinking of the Titanic. If I recall correctly, it wasn't for them. :) I didn't publish any fiction until I was getting out of college....
EJ: Tell us why readers will enjoy your new release.

Jason: ALEX VAN HELSING: VAMPIRE RISING is the first in a series from HarperTeen about a teenager who learns that he can sense vampires and is recruited into a giant organization of vampire-hunters, the Polidorium. It's very heavy on action and close calls. This is very much James Bond with vampires. I just love writing them, especially because the world is one I created, where hundreds of years of vampire literature are all true. Book 1 came out this Summer and will come out in Paperback on the same day that Book 2, VOICE OF THE UNDEAD comes out in hardcover. If you have a young person in your life who wants more adventure with a paranormal twist, this is it for you.

Check out the whole interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment