Jason Henderson's FB Feed

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Alex Van Helsing: Vampire Rising nominated for Tennessee Library Association Award

I am a huge supporter of libraries. Here in North Texas, I try to take my daughters once a week to the Family Night at my neighborhood library. So there is nothing that thrills me more than recognition from a State library association. So you can imagine how thrilled I was when I learned that Alex Van Helsing: Vampire Rising has been nominated for the Tennessee Association of School Libraries/ Tennessee Library Association  "Volunteer State Book Award."
Why "Volunteer State?" That's the nickname of Tennessee, earned during the War of 1812.

From the site: "The Volunteer State Book Award is sponsored annually by the Tennessee Library Association and the Tennessee Association of School Librarians. Each year, children across Tennessee are asked to read books from a list of nominated titles."

Alex has been nominated for the 2012-13 Middle School Division award. Fingers crossed, but I'm so honored to be nominated that the rest doesn't matter. Thank you Tennessee!

No comments:

Post a Comment