Jason Henderson's FB Feed

Friday, March 16, 2012

Dark Shadows 2012 looks AMAZING

Johnny Depp as Barnabas in the upcoming gothic satire Dark Shadows.
Dark Shadows from Tim Burton is going to be funny, and I'm thrilled. At first I kind of hated that idea-- I wasn't a big fan at first of Burton's MARS ATTACKS, for instance. But Burton clearly seems to be bringing a glorious appreciation of the famous gothic soap opera to the big screen. It looks gorgeous. If you're still a fan of the original-- or want to know what it's all about-- you can find every episode on Netflix. But the Burton/Depp Dark Shadows should probably please the fans by not at all competing with the original, and instead acting as a kind of massive skit about it. Good enough for me!

See my review of the first super-serious, super-Gothic Dark Shadows movie, Night of Dark Shadows.
Dark Shadows opens May 11, 2012.    

No comments:

Post a Comment