Jason Henderson's FB Feed

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Frankenstein nuts will LOVE Frankensteinia blog

As a Frankenstein freak, I revel in obscure elements and details that have attached to the phenomenon that Frankenstein has become. I think phenomenon is the right idea, one that would apply to Dracula and... what else? Spider-Man?

What makes something a phenomenon, anyway? It's not just a book turning into a movie, or else I'd have to describe the phenomenon that is Prince of Tides. With certain concepts like Dracula and Frankenstein, the core concept someone finds a life of its own, and can acquire and slough off the accoutrement of different versions along the way.

I wanted to share a new blog I just came across-- Frankensteinia, a blog "tracking Frankenstein and all things related in the arts, media and popular culture." And what an awesome blog-- you could spend days checking out alternate book covers, production stills, movie reviews, and book reviews, running the gamut from 50s comic art to recent scholarship on Mary Shelley. I'm just in awe.

Check out Frankensteinia.

No comments:

Post a Comment