Jason Henderson's FB Feed

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Book Buzz on Alex Van Helsing: for "anyone who likes good adventure"

Over at the Book Buzz, "book fanatic" Jill Bellomy weighed in with a kind review of Alex Van Helsing: Vampire Rising:

I've grown weary of the vampire mania.... but I heard a lot about it and decided to give it a try.  Boy, am I glad I did!  I loved it!  Mr. Henderson's vampire storyline is fresh & new and filled with delicious literary & historical references.  I just ate it up!  It's a an exciting, suspense-filled adventure that is anything but a Twilight copycat.  One review calls it a "modern-day spin of James Bond meets Dracula" which sums it up perfectly! Fans of Vladimir Tod, Alex Rider, Alfred Kropp, the Young Bond series, or anyone who likes good adventure, try this new series by Jason Henderson.

That does my heart good-- I did realize when Harper Teen and I started this series that we had an uphill battle because of the familiarity of the vampire genre. But just like in courtroom dramas, there is always a new angle. (At least the writer always tries for a new angle, anyway.)


Read the full review here.


Speaking of Harper Teen, no sooner did my kind friends over there sent me a box of Advanced Review Copies of next Summer's release, Alex Van Helsing: Voice of the Undead but that I turned around and passed them out. In this case, I gave out copies to 9 different Texas middle schools, where students in book clubs will get to read the book 8 or so months early, and with any luck can write me some helpful notes in the marginalia. I actually hope they enjoy it, but more than this I'm hoping to get a feel for what's working for them in the series and what's not. It can have a lot to do with the new project, "AVH3," whatever it's going to be called.



No comments:

Post a Comment