Jason Henderson's FB Feed

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ms. Yingling Reads Alex, and a look at Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires

Ms. Yingling, who runs a middle-grade and YA book blog, sent me a note pointing me to her note on Alex Van Helsing: Vampire Rising. I think this is the first time anyone ever laid any sentence by me next to one by John Grisham. It's a wash; no one reads either of us for our sentences.

I really loved this entry! It reminds me that school is coming soon, and this is the first semester where Alex will be in most of the libraries.

Meanwhile I've got a new favorite blog: Rockabilly Online, which ran a cool look at one of my favorite Hammer films, Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires. As I mentioned before:
SEVEN GOLDEN VAMPIRES came out back in 1974, co-produced by England's Hammer Studios, makers of Gothic brilliance, and Hong Kong's immortal Shaw Bros. It was meant to be the first of a series of movies in which vampire slayer Van Helsing (Peter Cushing) went around the globe killing the vampires of the world. Didn't happen. But this one did, and what a wacky thing it must have seemed to audiences who had never seen Chinese Horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment