Jason Henderson's FB Feed

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer, new Alex Van Helsing French Covers

Some fun stuff I received this week.
First, I just got a look at the covers for the French editions of Alex Van Helsing:
As I wrote to a friend earlier:
I go to a lot of schools and libraries to talk about my book series about Alex Van Helsing, and people always want to know about the covers. Especially the girls, because the guy who plays Alex on the covers is a good-looking-- and very earnest and serious-looking--- young man. And I tell everyone the truth: I don't know who the actor is, though he does look like the character. In fact I have no input into covers at all-- when the publisher asked me what should be on the cover I pictured something with all of Alex's team in a group shot looking all bad, and I wanted to get Alex's motorcycle in. HarperCollins opted for photographic covers focusing on the main character. And that's the style of them. In the third book we thought about putting Alex's girlfriend Astrid on the cover because it's a shared adventure, but in the end they opted for the covers looking the same. I should note that in the French version, you instead have a shot of Alex's shoes and not him, with different colored shoes for each book! (By the way: I don't really name the books either. I write the books and suggest a title, and maybe it gets used, and maybe not.)
So excited to see Alex cross the language barrier!

Meanwhile, next month brings us the release of a game I wrote the screenplay for and am very excited about: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS.

The amazing team at Red Fly is releasing teaser trailers along the way, and this time the newest trailer focuses on Raphael, the toughest turtle.

I can't say much about the plot-- we don't even have a release date-- but I will say this game was a lot of fun to write dialogue for, especially in the idle sections where we could just let characters talk.





No comments:

Post a Comment